The facility would measure 20 by 40 feet and be http://null used for park storage, Supervisor Marc R. Smith said during a work session Wednesday. Before the fire, the town was planning a 30-by-60-foot metal pole barn with an storage sheds overhead door, allowing drivers to pull in and drop off their electronics for recycling. The town was to use the rest of the area for storage and perhaps even as a pound for dogs picked up by the animal-control officer. That building was to have been erected behind Town Hall, the same location as the 10-by-16-foot shed that burned. The fire was blamed on an overheated battery in one of the appliances that had been discarded. At this time, we have no reason to believe it was arson, Smith said.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/lockport/town-of-lockport-to-consider-smaller-storage-facility-in-wake-of-fire-20140522
Storage shed fire sets off ammunition inside – Burbank Leader
A shed that caught fire at the rear of a home on North California Street on Friday afternoon set off ammunition that was stored inside, authorities said. The ammunition was set off due to the heat of the fire, according to Capt. Peter Hendrickson with the Burbank Fire Department. The call came in to the Burbank Fire Department at 4:59 p.m.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.burbankleader.com/news/tn-blr-storage-shed-fire-sets-off-ammunition-inside-20140523,0,6764838.story